Greenversations is an official blog of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency(EPA). One recent post has some great tips about making your child’s school lunch not only healthy, but green, too!
Here are just a few of their Waste-Free Lunch tips:
- Use a reusable lunch box instead of a brown bag.
- Package sandwiches and food in reusable containers.
- Give your child whole fruits without packaging in their lunch box. Not only is it greener, but it is healthier too!
- Purchase snacks in bulk and package them in reusable containers.
- Include reusable forks and spoons in your child’s lunch box.
- Don’t use disposable water bottles. Use a reusable bottle instead.
- Use reusable napkins, not paper ones.
To find out more about how you can make lunches healthy and green, view the Greenversations blog here.